Every online business has a business model that they need in order to further their company. They must all market properly, provide excellent customer service, serve customers and of course effectively sell their product. If you want to maximize your sales, showing up as one of the first companies on the search engine will boost your numbers considerably. Over half of people surveyed stated that they never look past the first page when making a search for something. With more than 190 million online shoppers the potential for a lot of business is very high.
Let’s look at 5 steps to SEO reselling.
- First of all, before anything, you must understand the business model. You need to know the product inside and out and understand exactly what kind of customers a company needs to make sales.
- Next set a realistic, challenging but flexible goal for the company needing to optimize their search engine results. Make sure that the goal is attainable but not underwhelming. For example you could set a goal of directing 1500 online shoppers to the website within the next 30 days. Obviously, numbers on a goal like this would vary depending on the company’s previous results. If the company is not keeping track of their traffic, this may be something that needs to be looked into before contracting with them as an SEO reseller. Part of the 5 steps to SEO reselling is knowing what YOUR customer needs not just theirs. This may be an extra service that you can offer them.
- In order to be able to convince someone else of the necessities of search engine optimization you need to know the benefits inside and out. When you were recording a certain company, research that business and find out exactly how search engine optimization would benefit them. Know not only the advantages, but the disadvantages. This is because if your client is hesitant you will already know what their reservations are and be prepared to combat them.
- Comparing yourself is not always a bad thing. Research other SEO reselling companies and find out if your costs are competitive or if you are way overpriced or two underpriced. If you are an independent contractor you can set your prices yourself but if you are working for a company or with the company and find that your prices are not comparable, sit down with them and find out what can be done. If you have found out that your prices are not up to standard, the customers you are trying to win will find out also.
- Lastly, set your clients expectations. Once you have found companies willing to work with you it is your responsibility as the expert in search engine optimization to let them know realistically what they can expect. This can overlap a little bit with the point about setting goal but your client may not know very much about SEO and will trust you to give them the information they need to know exactly what they can expect from SEO services. For example, predict what number in the list they will be if someone types their company name into Google.
- If you follow these 5 steps to SEO reselling you will have much better success at growing your customer base. Good SEO strategies start with being honest, thoughtful and interested.
Sent from my iPhone