Website search optimization is an imperative in today’s marketing culture. Whether you opt to handle website search optimization on your own or through professional website optimization services, there’s an incredible advantage to investing time and money into SEO. Here, we’ll provide a few website optimization tips to get you started, but we’ll lead with the best recommendation we can give: don’t bootstrap your website search optimization forever. For the best results, you’ll need to eventually look into hiring professionals who can give your campaign the time and attention it deserves.
In the meantime, however, consider these options for improving your website search optimization.
- Always start with a measurement. You won’t know if any of your efforts are successful unless you monitor your standings first. Try tools that measure your page rank and check your referrer log regularly to track where your visitors are coming from and which search terms they’re using to find you.
- Focus on your key words. You’ll need to make a conscious effort to place appropriate keywords throughout your titles, content, URLs, and image names. Think of them as search terms, and try to match up the ones you think users are most likely to use. Be careful not to overdo it, though. Outrageous amounts will get you labelled as a spammer and reduce your Google rankings.
- Link like its your job. This is the most basic search engine optimization strategy. Within your site, provide plenty of links to other pages on your site. For example, when you write a new blog post, link back to your archives. To take it a step further, use anchor text that is search engine friendly.
- Make content work for you. Update it regularly to increase traffic and increase user interest. Content based SEO is quickly becoming the go to model for internet marketing for one simple reason: it works.
- Actively use social media. Studies show that 41% of B2C companies have gained customers through Facebook, perhaps because almost a quarter of users post comments or reviews about the things they have purchased or services they’ve used.
Before you even invest in professional SEO optimization services, these techniques will get you ahead of the game. Just remember to use internet etiquette, not stuffing forums full of spammy keywords and commenting on billions of unrelated posts. As long as you follow Google’s rules of the road, you should be in good shape. Good luck, and happy optimizing!